More surgery for Jim
Thursday, it was determined my leg wasnt holding with the screws from surgery #2 three weeks ago, so I had more hardware put in yesterday, plus an implanted external fixation "halo" type rig to hold it all better in place for the next 3 months so it heals right and strong. Pretty painful 😱 through late last night, but they gave me a second "knockout coctail of dilaudid, oxycodone, tylenol, gabapentin, and a few more like morphine or fentanyl, and I had a good night's sleep and feel better this morning. Probably discharged home tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers yesterday. 🙂
3.8.21
Still trying to get the pain under control. I think we need another day in the hospital. Not looking forward to bringing him back in the car. Going to look into an ambulance service. Its all a bit much to see him in such pain.
They installed a block this afternoon with a pump that will last 3 days. To get him off the heavy narcotics. Hopefully by then the pain will be tolerable. I found an ambulance service to bring him home when they discharge him. I feel much better about that. The thought of me getting him in the car was making me feel sick.
3.9.21
We made it home. He is tired starting to wear him down.
3.10.21
Jim made it to the chair yeah!!!
Comments
Post a Comment